I always wonder if other recipe developers have recipes that they think,  “This is so so”,
but post them anyway.I try to only post recipes I really like and would make again myself.
I have lots of snafus,
which means I have lots of pictures and recipes that are somewhere collecting test because they were not SM worthy ;).

But, it is not every day that I have a recipe that I think to myself,

Whoa this recipe rocks!” like I did with these Buffalo Chicken Pizza Rolls.
My husband happened to stop home for lunch as these were cooking in the “lab” and he said, “This may be the best thing you have ever made.”
Woo hoo!

I think I may make them as appetizers by cutting them in half the next time we have friends over. I hope they and YOU like them as much and Andy and I did.

Happy Friday my Friends!

XO,

Bree

Here’s What You Need: (Makes 4 large rolls)
1lb chicken breast diced and seasoned with salt + pepper
2-3 stalks of celery diced + 1 TBS of celery leaves, chopped
4 Laughing Cow low-fat blue cheese wedges
2 TBS Frank’s Red Hot
Extra virgin olive oil
1 egg
1 Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough

Here’s What You Do:
Preheat the oven to 420. Heat about a capful of extra virgin olive oil in a large pan and cook the chicken over medium high for about 4 minutes. Stir in the Laughing Cow and the Frank’s Red Hot and cook for 2 more minutes. Meanwhile in a separate pan heat the celery with a bit of olive and salt and pepper over medium high heat for about 3-4 minutes, or until it starts to soften. Stir into the chicken mixture. Cut the dough into four even sized squares and bake on a baking sheet coated with non-stick spray for five minutes. Dollop the chicken evenly over each pizza dough square, roll up and place on the baking sheet again.  Brush the egg mixture over each roll and bak for 10-13 minutes or until they turn golden brown. YUM!

Kid Tip:
My little guy actually loved this! Hopefully yours will too. If you think it is too spicy you can add less Frank’s, but definitely encourage eating it with your hands to make it fun for the kids!

Let’s be FRIENDS! Like Skinny Mommy on Facebook! www.facebook.com/skinnymommyllc

Comments

1. Those looks fantastic. I too only post things that I support 100%. Nothing else makes it….and there are a lot of flops and so-so’s in my kitchen!

2. carrian says:

GENIUS!!! Love this recipe and thankfully I bet my little two year old will finally eat dinner!!!

• Bree says:

I have a picky two year old too so I can relate! I hope he likes this. I also have a dinner starter that I miss with pasta that is kale based that my little guys little beg for! :)

3. Skinnysimplerecipes says:

I also have so many lunch recipes with photos. I make them for my lunch and I like the taste and everything, but sometimes the combination of ingredients is not so usual or will sound weird for some people. I prefere not to post them :). Your pizza roll looks so yummy, to try soon!!
    Meriem

4. Funny, I was going through my photo gallery today and saw about 10 things I’ve never blogged. A few because I didn’t think the recipe was worthy and the rest because the photos weren’t crisp and in focus. I’d rather not blog at all than put something up that is only so-so. I do know that when someone says “this recipe rocks” I should take heed! These pizza rolls sound terrific.

5. I LOVE Franks and I can’t find enough things to use it on. This sounds awesome!

6. love everything about these rollups. they are easy and look delicious

7. These sound awesome Bree!! I lov e anything with buffalo sauce in it. Great flavours!

8. I try to assume that people only post things they would make again, for company – that’s definitely my criteria! So-so doesn’t get blogged about, even though it happens often around here :) These look delicious!

• Bree says:

Hi Anna-Thanks for your comment. I hate when I make a so so recipe, because then I think, “bummer!” back to the drawing board ;)

9. Roni says:

Totally my kind of meal! Great idea!

10. Samantha says:

I made these this past week and they are AWESOME! I will never eat buffalo chicken any other way from now on!